Living Goods is fighting poverty and disease by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered in the developing world. We train community health workers to bring life-saving products and health services to families’ doorsteps, and we give them mobile phone applications to help with medical decision making and optimize the use of their time. Through our operations, we generate vast quantities of data, which we then use to improve our operations, analyze our effectiveness, and guide our expansion.
Living Goods is seeking an exceptionally qualified Database Admin to help us model, organize, transform, validate, secure, and catalog this personal health data, supplemented with public data and data from our partners. Putting this data in the right form, with the right tools, is essential to our ability to grow and improve, and ultimately to serve our clients. You’ll be a good fit if you can handle all aspects of data engineering, from establishing data pipelines to supporting visualization technologies for analysts.
- Administer Living Goods databases which includes SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and CouchDB. This includes updates, maintenance and appropriate support.
- Configure database instances, recommend physical data models, and optimize for performance.
- Design our databases accordingly to meet our future requirements.
- Living Goods collect data from various streams/applications; ensuring that the correct data is stored in the right place at the right time.
- Create and monitor systems for data cleaning, transformation and proper validation.
- Collaborate with our data analysts, software developers, operations teams, and partners, who are the producers and consumers of data. Help them choose the right data and develop database systems to support them.
- Write technical documentation, including data catalogs, standards, and procedures.
- Experience using and administering relational and non-relational database platforms, and expertise of at least one database (preferably SQL Server).
- Strong analytic skills, especially data consolidation from diverse data sets.
- Experience of linking disconnected data sets to meet business requirements.
- Understanding of data reporting and visualization i.e. dashboards.
- Experience of software development or database scripting to support databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from a top academic program, or equivalent experience.
- Great English communication skills.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org and follow us @Living_Goods
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability. Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money.