Location: Gulu, Uganda
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Administration Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URCs mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview:
The Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC that has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The primary duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure provision of reliable and safe driving for staff, officials and visitors and safe delivery and collection of mail, documents, and any other cargo
- Ensure availability of all required documents including proof of ownership, valid driving license, vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, emergency phone contacts, etc.
- Respect standard traffic rules and road signs and URC operational procedures
- Prepare the vehicle in time before departure and ensure that the right equipment needed for the specified location, toolkit, fuel tanks full, etc. are available in the vehicle
- Must show respect and courtesy towards other drivers and road users
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and tidy
- Fill out a daily vehicle log sheet and carry out daily and weekly maintenance checks on the vehicle
- Monitor the vehicle mileage and ensure that it is serviced at the right time
- Ensure that the vehicle is parked safely at all times
- Take necessary safety and security measures always
- Keep him/herself updated on the security situation of the area where he/she is asked to drive
- Comply fully with URC/Acholi Project procedures on the reporting of accidents involving project vehicles
- Report any damage, mechanical faults or mishaps that may occur to the vehicle including accidents
Required Experience and Qualifications
- At least an Ordinary level certificate
- At least four years work experience gained through serving within a donor funded project or 2 years town running experience driving high profile people
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Valid driving license of at least classes B, DL, and CM
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is a must
- A good familiarity with roads and districts in Acholi region
- Relevant training and knowledge in mechanics will be an added advantage
For immediate consideration, please visit URCs Career Opportunities page atwww.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Rsum and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completedUSAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheetas well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.