1. Senior Accountant (2 Positions)
Reporting to the Principal Accountant, the successful candidate shall be required to perform the following duties;
- Prepare and submit regular and timely financial reports on the Bureau’s revenue and expenditure in line with financial guidelines to guide management in decision making.
- Provide custody and security of financial records and backup of accounting software data.
- Monitor the expenditures with a view of ensuring that the amounts budgeted for under each expenditure is not exceeded;
- Monitor revenue activities for all revenue centres and report their performance on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and monitor accountabilities for funds/advances disbursed to staff for operations and ensure such records are up to date.
- Monitor and ensure that Accounts Receivables (Debtors) and Accounts Payables (Creditors) are regularly reconciled and reported on to guide Management decisions.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of Bank Accounts and postings to the General Ledger Accounts.
- Ensure that all payment vouchers have the required supporting documents attached before payments are approved.
- Coordinate and monitor accountabilities for funds disbursed to staff for operations and ensure up to date records are maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Honours degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any related field.
- Full professional qualifications in either ACCA or CPA
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience as an Accountant
- Must be computer literate with skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet applications
- Experience in use of Pastel Accounting Software and Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS) will be added advantage
- Age: Between 30 and 45 years
The successful candidate must have a high level of integrity and professionalism, Communication, Teamwork and Analytical skills.
Mode of Application
Interested persons with the requirements are encouraged to apply as per the guidance below;
i. Please follow the link thus; https://hrm.unbs.go.ug/jobs/apply
ii. Use your email address as your registration mail
iii. Fill in all tabs as per the application as required
iv. Attach your updated CV with mobile telephone numbers indicated, copies of academic qualifications and national identity card under the tab for documents
v. Complete your application by clicking ‘submit application’
vi. No hand delivered applications will be received
- UNBS is an equal opportunity employer therefore any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Ladies are encouraged to apply
- UNBS does not request for any payments at any stage of recruitment and review process
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applications are open from 23rd July to 3rd August 2018, 5.00pm.