Position: Program Support Assistant
Report to: Program Manager
Location: Tororo District
Purpose of the position:
Provide operational and logistical support to the Tororo Cluster and Eastern Regional Office.
Logistics and administration support
- Screening incoming telephone calls, mails, inquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate, including relaying accurate and timely messages and answering of queries.
- Maintain a database of assets.
- Managing a filing system for record control of key documents.
- Provide logistical support and back-up to in the planning of meetings and workshops.
- Ensure adequate stocks of key office materials are in place at all times.
- Maintaining supplies/logistics inventory and preparing requisitions for office supplies and equipment.
- Related support including secretarial duties as required such as timely printing, photocopying and binding of documents.
- Ensure that office is kept tidy and clean.
Support to staff
- Providing information and guide staff on administrative processes, procedures and requirements.
- Facilitate and support staff on logistical and administrative requirements such as travels, follow up on requisitions, etc on regular basis
- Support staff on follow-up of internal communications and actions.
Support to meeting/fora
- Compile calendar/s of key events.
- Support planning of the events and meetings.
- Follow up on meeting invitations through emails and phones as is appropriate.
- Planning for and managing logistics for regional meetings and other forums such as workshops and reflection/ learning events.
- Plan for guest logistics:
- Scheduled meetings, entry and exit briefs, etc.
- Handle check in and out of guests from hotels.
- Support guest’s general needs like shopping, church service.
- Following up with all staff on submission of their monthly reports.
- Draft regional monthly report for PM’s review and submission to ROM within the stipulated timelines.
- Following up with responsible staff on status implementation of key action points and decisions from the meetings/fora.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/public administration and related fields.
- 2-3 experience providing administrative support in a busy office environment (Front desk, Procurement and stores, records management)
- Knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and data base management
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and data base management
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.