2. Administrative Officer (Gulu, Mbarara and Mbale Regional Offices – 3 Positions)
The successful candidate shall functionally report to the Finance and Administration Manager and administratively report to the Regional In-charge and shall be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities;
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide general administrative support as well as general reception responsibilities to ensure that Bureau’s mandate is executed in an effective and efficient manner as per existing policies, procedures and guidelines at the Regional Office.
- Ensure that the Regional Office is well supplied with necessary essential supplies through maintenance of adequate stock levels and procuring those items following as per laid down procedures.
- Maintenance of all Bureau assets at the Regional Office safely and in good working condition including office facilities, supplies, equipment, vehicles and furniture as per the UNBS procedures.
- Be in charge of all the regional assets i.e. maintain asset lists/schedules and inventory register for stationery and other office consumables.
- In liaison with the Security Officer, ensure that the security guards are effectively supervised.
- Maintain reception security by following and enforcing procedures as per the set administrative guidelines including issuance of security passes.
- In liaison with the Public Relations Office, maintain a good public image of the Institution by responding to public inquiries so as to promote customer relations in the Regional Office
- Provide to the public required information about the Bureau especially the services provided, guide clients to appropriate functional areas and maintain employee and Regional directories
- Coordinate and monitor office imprests and submit accountabilities for funds disbursed as per the approved finance and administration manual.
- Maintain and monitor both the daily staff attendance register and visitor’s book.
- Submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in regard to the administrative functions and general performance of the Regional Office.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the In-charge Regional Office and/ or Finance and Administrative Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business/ Public Administration, Secretarial Studies, Arts in Arts, or any other related qualification. For those without a degree in Business Admin, a Diploma in Business Admin is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience as an Administrative Officer
- Must be computer literate with excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet applications
- Age: Not more than 35 years old
The successful candidate must have a high level of integrity and professionalism, Communication, Teamwork and Analytical skills.
Mode of Application
Interested persons with the requirements are encouraged to apply as per the guidance below;
i. Please follow the link thus; https://hrm.unbs.go.ug/jobs/apply
ii. Use your email address as your registration mail
iii. Fill in all tabs as per the application as required
iv. Attach your updated CV with mobile telephone numbers indicated, copies of academic qualifications and national identity card under the tab for documents
v. Complete your application by clicking ‘submit application’
vi. No hand delivered applications will be received
- UNBS is an equal opportunity employer therefore any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Ladies are encouraged to apply
- UNBS does not request for any payments at any stage of recruitment and review process
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applications are open from 23rd July to 3rd August 2018, 5.00pm.