Position: Project Officer 1 – Resilience and Livelihood – Nankoma AP
Report to: Child Sponsorship and Development Facilitator
Location: Bugiri District
Purpose of the position:
Contribute to achieving WVU’s child wellbeing targets in designated cluster through planning, monitoring and implementing Agriculture and food security programme in line with applicable technical approaches and WVU national strategy.
Project planning and implementation
- Ensure that the cluster designs are in line with the Food security and community resilience national office strategy
- Ensure that Cluster Agriculture & food security project activities are integrated with other sectors and with the District development plan
- Supervise and monitor ongoing activities under the Cluster Agriculture & food security projects
- Ensure quality in the roll out of the Food security and community resilience project models
- Coordinate Cluster Agriculture & food security projects being implemented by partners and technical resource persons.
- Initiate and participate in Food security district Advocacy initiatives
- Liaise with the National office Food security technical specialist for quality implementation of Agriculture and food security projects.
- Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in Agriculture and food security projects.
- Ensure Agriculture and Food security projects integrate and address child protection
- Work with CSDO to ensure Registered Children and their households are participating and benefiting from Agriculture and Food Security programme interventions
Capacity building and training
- Mobilization of farmer groups and conducting trainings to build capacities on Agriculture & food security improved methodologies.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to community groups to build local capacity for understanding and connecting with community linkages.
- Identify technical experts to train community groups
- Liaise with the National Office Food security technical specialist on staff capacity building in Agriculture and food security.
Partnership and networking
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the District level.
- Participate and represent WVU in key donor engagements and technical working forums at district, region and National level when applicable
- Point of contact for consultation on issues to do with Cluster ADP Agriculture & food security and related issues.
- Identify market development opportunities that present through networks and relationships with other institutions and organizations and NGOs working in the agriculture and food security.
- Work closely with District initiatives through the District production Office on constraints of targeted crops and Agricultural initiatives
Research, M&E and Documentation
- Effectively document all information related to project successes, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms.
- Responsible for capturing child well being indicators related to Agriculture & food security projects in the cluster
- Ensure identification of research areas, conduct research and document learnings
- Spear head the Cluster Agriculture & food security project in output & outcome monitoring processes
- Support processes of project baselines and evaluation of Agriculture & food security projects and interventions
Project management and coordination
- Track and manage budgets allocated for the project
- Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports.
- Responsible for project assets at ADP & cluster office
- Identify and initiate viable funding proposals for resource acquisition to support agriculture and food security interventions.
- Participate in resource mobilization through concept papers/proposal writing for fund raising and market them with support offices and other donors
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in; Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, or Agriculture with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing agriculture projects.
- Strong experience in networking, community mobilization and facilitation.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in research, analysis and report writing
- Experience in proposal writing and development
- Commitment to implementing WV’s vision and mission at all levels
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work sensitively with people from a variety of social backgrounds.
- Must have ridding experience with a valid permit
- Fluent in the languages of Samya and Luganda