Position: Program Support Assistant
Report to: Area Coordinator
Purpose of the position:
To provide administrative support services to World Vision Uganda and facilitate in the conducive running of the administration systems at the field office in line with the World Vision Uganda Policies and Procedures.
- Screening incoming telephone calls, mails, inquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate, including relaying accurate and timely messages and answering of queries.
- Maintain a database of assets.
- Managing a filing system for record control of key documents.
- Provide logistical support and back-up to in the planning of meetings and workshops.
- Ensure adequate stocks of key office materials are in place at all times.
- Maintaining supplies/logistics inventory and preparing requisitions for office supplies and equipment.
- Related support including secretarial duties as required such as timely printing, photocopying and binding of documents.
- Ensure that office is kept tidy and clean.
- Support to Staff
- Providing information and guide staff on administrative processes, procedures and requirements.
- Facilitate and support staff on logistical and administrative requirements such as travels, follow up on requisitions, etc on regular basis
- Support staff on follow-up of internal communications and actions.
- Support to meeting/fora
- Compile calendar/s of key events.
- Support planning of the events and meetings.
- Follow up on meeting invitations through emails and phones as is appropriate.
- Planning for and managing logistics for regional meetings and other forums such as workshops and reflection/ learning events.
- Maintain an up to date database of all guests coming into the field office
- Plan for guest logistics:
- Scheduled meetings, entry and exit briefs, etc.
- Handle check in and out of guests from hotels.
- Support guest’s general needs like shopping, church service.
- Following up with all staff on submission of their monthly reports.
- Draft regional monthly report for PM’s review and submission to ROM within the stipulated timelines.
- Following up with responsible staff on status implementation of key action points and decisions from the meetings/fora.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Must possess a University degree in any business discipline
- Must have knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and data base management
- Knowledge in logistical operations
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent customer care and public relations.
- Abilities in office administration and organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Very strong relational and communication skills.
- Commitment to World Vision mission and partnership values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.